Since 2015, the CCRI has worked with Stroud District Council to tackle floods and help wildlife on the streams of the Stroud valleys. Stroud District Council is currently advertising the post of ‘Rural SuDS Project Officer’.
The Stroud Rural SuDS project was established in May 2014 as a partnership between SDC, the Environment Agency and the local community. It has established an award winning reputation as an exemplar Natural Flood Management (NFM) project, delivering over 400 NFM interventions and working with a wide range of landowners and stakeholders.
The Project Officer should have the skills and qualities to build on the success of the project and contribute to securing its long term future.
The successful applicant will need to have:
* experience of working with community groups and in partnership with other stakeholders including landowners, statutory agencies and NGO’s
* the ability to communicate effectively across a range of media and audiences
* a passion for rural development and environmental protection
* an understanding of the principles of Natural Flood Management/RSuDS
* experience of environmental project delivery
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 23rd September 2018.Download full job details