Would you like to gain work experience in a dynamic research team, carrying out academic research and consultancy projects for a wide range of clients?
Would you like to make a real contribution to cutting-edge research whilst learning about rural and environmental issues and research methodologies?
The Countryside and Community Research Institute (CCRI), based at the University of Gloucestershire, is seeking to appoint a Research Assistant (Student Placement) to support the research output of the Institute.
The Countryside and Community Research Institute (CCRI), based at the University of Gloucestershire, is seeking to appoint an Undergraduate Student Placement to support the research output of the Institute. The CCRI is one of the largest specialist rural research centres in the UK and currently employs nearly 30 people who work on a diverse range of social science research and consultancy projects relating to rural environment and agricultural policy; rural community and services; rural economic development; food; recreation; and access issues.
The successful candidate will be expected to integrate and make a full and meaningful contribution to the activities and outputs of the CCRI.
Essential qualities of the Placement Student:
- Studying for an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline, in their 2nd year with a predicted grade of 2:1 or higher.
- Good level of computer competency, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team with a flexible attitude and adaptability to change.
- Knowledge, interest and understanding of subjects aligned with the activities of the CCRI.
- Ability to be able to use online communication platforms such as Teams and Zoom.
If you wish to discuss the placement further, please contact Nick Lewis: email@example.com / 01242 714125.
This is a 1-year fixed-term contract
Closing Date: Sunday 10th April.
Interview Date: W/C 25th April.