The CCRI is seeking to appoint two Research Assistants (Student Placement) to support the research output of the Institute.
Students appointed to the role will have an outstanding opportunity to work within a leading research team to develop their research and other employment related skills. Previous placement students have gone on to study for a PhD, work for rural businesses, local authorities, and the Met Office.
About the school or department
The CCRI is one of the largest specialist rural research centres in the UK and currently employs over 30 people who work on a diverse range of social science research and consultancy projects relating to rural environment and agricultural policy; rural community and services; rural economic development; food; recreation; and access issues.
About the role
- To assist in all aspects of research in the CCRI
- To assist in the preparation of reports for publication and physical and electronic dissemination
- To promote and support research outcomes and activities which will include the use of social media and website support.
- To assist with the production of documentation and materials for clients.
- Where appropriate to attend the CCRI seminar series and other research related working groups.
- To maintain a record of tasks undertaken, involvement in projects etc.
- To prepare a summary of tasks and achievements undertaken during the placement for entry into CCRI Media and marketing materials.
For additional details please contact Nick Lewis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Key dates
Closing date: 6th April
Please note: You must be a current registered student in Higher Education and undertake the placement as a part of your course of study.
Interview: 13/14 April OR 17/18 April (to be confirmed – subject to person availability – Easter Holidays)
For full details and to apply, please visit the University of Gloucestershire recruitment webpage.