Nature provides important cultural ecosystem services, such as recreation, heritage, aesthetics, landscape and spiritual benefits. The Culture, Nature & Heritage cluster involves interdisciplinary research that brings together social science, cultural geography and the arts to explore cultural responses to ecosystems and ecosystem change. These responses will be varied and interwoven, looking to the past as much as to the future.
Areas of research
- Cultural and heritage values of rural spaces
- The heritage and landscape economy
- Historic buildings
- The role of protected landscapes in net zero targets
Sustainable Development Goals
Set by the United Nations, Sustainable Development Goals address the global challenges we face, including poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Related research projects
View current research projects related to Culture, Nature and Heritage cluster.